Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sleep

Each morning my alarm goes off at 6:55. I hit the snooze button twice and then get out of bed around 7:20. I stumble to the bathroom where I look in the mirror and gasp at how horrendous my hair looks, or how awesome my abs look that morning. I get in the shower, do my thing as I wake up and then go off to work after enjoying a quick breakfast of either cereal or yogurt. As I drive myself to work I think to myself, "I need to take a nap today, I''m exhausted!" The funny thing about that though, is that when I get home from work I never take that nap I so desperately needed earlier that morning. It's not that I don't have the time, I just do not feel the need to take a nap after getting home. This cycle happens pretty much every morning Monday through Friday. I know that other people have this problem but I just think that this is interesting. I don't actually believe that I need a nap, I just think that when I first wake up my mind is telling me to go back to sleep and so I tell myself that I need a nap. I'm not much of a nap person anyway, so I don't think I will ever change my mind about afternoon naps.

No comments: